Monday, January 14, 2008

Wash Out

Well, the sunset on Friday was not really a complete wash-out… there was some color if you looked south and east. Unfortunately, if you looked west toward the mountains, it was a complete waste.

This picture, the only one that I took that evening that I felt was even worth keeping, is taken looking just east of south. The little bump you can see at the bottom (there are two, the one more toward the middle) is Pikes Peak.

It is amazing how far you can see it from. That is why it is so famous. Of itself, it is a pretty unremarkable mountain… it is only something like the thirtieth highest peak in Colorado… it is just that it is so much higher than anything around it so that you can see it for so far in any direction away from the mountains that it is even noteworthy.

So, here it is, the products of my photo shoot on Friday; I call it Cloudscape Over Pikes Peak. I hope that you enjoy it.

Wherever you are today, I hope it is lovely there!

Don Bergquist – January 14, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: