Friday, January 11, 2008

Have Another Day!

I once read a very good book by one of my favorite authors (Robert Rankin) that was set in the Post-WWIII Earth. The entire population spent their days the same way: sitting in their bunkers, watching television, the whole boring routine. They greet each other (on the few rare instances that they go out an meet-up at all) with the greeting "Have another day."

There are times that I feel that way… the days grind on with nothing special or distinguishing about them… I go to work, I come home, I walk Saga, blah, blah, blah!

I am in one of those blah moods today. But that I have a huge project at the office and not a lot of time to complete it, I would prefer to stay at home all day petting Saga and doing not much of anything. Well, perhaps if I get into the office my mood will pick-up.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you're having a good day!

Don Bergquist – January 11, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have Another Day…

By the way, the book that the quote comes from is called Armageddon, The Musical. It's the first book in a trilogy. The dust jacket has this to say about the story:

It is the year 2050 and the soap opera "The Earthers" is making big video bucks in the intergalactic ratings race. Alien TV executives know exactly what the old earth drama needs to make the off-world audience sit up and stare - a spectacular Armageddon-type finale.

It really is a good read… I highly recommend it. (If you can find it!)

djb