Friday, July 20, 2007

Rainy Morning

This morning there is no guessing what awakened me before the alarm. It was the thunder. There was one thunderclap (that I heard) just before 04:40 that roused me. I was awake. I lay listening to the rain hitting the windows and the wind blowing the tree outside my window around.

It was a pleasant way to spend a few minutes before the clock came on and played the news on Radio Four. The good thing is that the garden needs the water. The bad thing is that Saga really hates the wet. She went downstairs anxious enough but had to be coaxed to actually go outside. She is spending the morning in the vestibule because she kept running right back inside.

The other upshot of the rain was that my ride in will be a bit wet. I think I will take the short, direct route into the office today. I hope the rain ends by tonight… Molesey Regatta is tomorrow!

Wherever you are today, I hope your day is lovely!

Don Bergquist - 20 July 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: