Sunday, July 08, 2007

The Weather Holds

It has been a lovely weekend this far! The break in the weather is holding and the day (though again, the BBC insists that this cannot last) is fantastic!

I've already had a nice two-and-a-half hour cycle around the area. (Trying but not succeeding to avoid the damn flower show! Grrr!) But the day is so lovely that even having do deal with the idiots going to the flower show who are clogging the paths and the roads as far away as Hampton cannot put a damper on the mood.

What the afternoon holds is still up in the air. A colleague of mine went up to Wimbledon to try and see some of the tennis. That prospect was about as appealing to me as dealing with the idiots who go to the friggin' flower show and cannot figure-out that standing around paying no attention whilst standing in the middle of an active bicycle path is a bad idea!

Saga and I have been on walks both yesterday and today. She and I went over to Long Ditton where she renewed her lease on the park. We also hung-out briefly today in the Giggs Hill Park where we watched (briefly) a cricket match. (I say briefly because I am told that they can go on for days, and without beer involved, it could only manage to hold my attention for about an hour.)

As it is, the weathercasts continue to predict rain for the afternoon and bad conditions, I think they're hedging their bets.

Wherever you are today, I hope the weather you're faced with is excellent!

Don Bergquist - 08 July 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: