Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Another Lovely Day

I was awake before dawn again. Could it be that my body has grown attuned to the zeitgeist of Thames Ditton? Am I perhaps sensing that the day will be particularly nice and that I shouldn't waste even a minute of it? Eventually, the good weather will be gone, the rains and cold will return and reassert themselves.

But right now it is so lovely out. I ate, showered and dressed quickly and have put the dog out. (I am writing this while she is out sniffing around.) I think even she can tell that it is going to be a particularly nice day. When I let her out she tore up the stairs and disappeared into the back yard. She didn’t even come back down as I was making and eating breakfast.

She is now out there walking around the garden taking far more time than absolutely necessary. It's obvious she is enjoying being outside on this lovely morning. I think I'll give her ten more minutes and then will have to hop on the bike for my morning ride.

Wherever you are, I hope you're enjoying your morning!

Don Bergquist - 18 July 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: