Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Obstinate Bitch

It has become a battle of wills. Sooner or later Saga will learn that she cannot refuse to go outside just because it is wet. She lives in England for the time being. It is wet here. Granted, it is wetter than it should be for this time of year, but that is beside the point.

This rant is brought to you by the fact that every time I have tried to put her out she looks at me as if I were completely mental. It's almost as if I asked her to do higher-level mathematics or something. I can picture her (in her little doggy mind) saying "Are you crazy? It's wet out there! You like the wet, you go out there!"

This intransigence has not led to any accidents, but it cannot be healthy for her to hold it for the longish periods of time between when she finally goes outside! Oh well, she will learn. She will have to if this trip (and this odd "summer" weather) lasts much longer.

Wherever you are today, I hope you have little intransigence to deal with.

Don Bergquist - 03 July 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: