Saturday, May 05, 2007

Hotelier

Apparently, I am in the wrong business!

I've been keeping records on house utilization, and availability for the past year-and-a-half and people ask me if they have any questions. I guess that this makes sense, I have been living in The Villa for the past year or so, but recently, it seems that the things I do for the house have been expanding.

I've become the de facto hotelier of the Harris Villa. I have been running around all day getting ready for house guests. There are not enough sheets for the house; I went out to Primark to get sheets. We need cleaning chemicals for the house; I went to Surbiton to get cleaning products and paper at Sainsbury's. The cleaning woman could not make it in to clean this week due to some emergency dental surgery; I am vacuuming and cleaning the windows.

I've already mowed the back garden and am about to Hoover the halls. I've got a load of my personal laundry running and a load of dishes in the dish washer. I'm taking a break before doing the vacuuming (the last of the tasks I have to complete today) to have a cool drink, and rest a while.

It was really windy and sprinkling this morning so I started the housework whilst I couldn't ride anyway, I am resolved, however, I am going for a ride today! I suppose I should get this article posted and get back to work. This afternoon is supposed to be lovely!

I hope that wherever you are today, you are getting the things done that need doing!

Don Bergquist - 05 May 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: