Thursday, May 17, 2007

April Showers

"Did you know it's raining?"

The comment struck me as odd. Of course it's raining! It has been raining on-and-off for the past few days. How was this news? "Oh, my god!" I responded facetiously, "Raining!? In London in the springtime!? Quick, someone call The Guardian, they'll want to cover this."

No wait, unless they can work a way to blame the rain on some grand conspiracy to use the rain to cover-up the fact that Princess Diana was murdered, they'd never cover it. I guess that the point of the person speaking was that after such a dry spring this far, the month that is supposed to be a bit drier is has been really wet.

Good thing, too! We definitely need the rain. (Now if we could get some of this over in the states to fight all those wildfires!

Oh well, It is raining so I would be uncomfortable riding my bike if I had one, but since I don't… Not much to report today. I am a bit busy getting ready for my trip to Florida which condenses this weekend.

I hope that wherever you are today, you're having a great day!

Don Bergquist - 17 May 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

April Showers
by Al Jolson

Life is not a highway strewn with flowers,
Still it holds a goodly share of bliss,
When the sun gives way to April showers,
Here is the point you should never miss.

Though April showers may come your way,
They bring the flowers that bloom in May.
So if it's raining, have no regrets,
Because it isn't raining rain, you know, (It's raining violets,)
And where you see clouds upon the hills,
You soon will see crowds of daffodils,
So keep on looking for a blue bird, And list'ning for his song,
Whenever April showers come along.

And where you see clouds upon the hills,
You soon will see crowds of daffodils,
So keep on looking for a blue bird, And list'ning for his song,
Whenever April showers come along.

No comments: