Sunday, May 08, 2005

V E Day in Bushy Park

Today is the sixtieth anniversary of the Victory in Europe. One of my mates from the King’s Arms told me about a German Chancellor who is reported to have said to a reporter when asked about the pending celebrations: “It has been sixty years, get over it!”

The weather was gorgeous! We could not have asked for a lovelier day for the festivities. A group of us met up at the pub and went over into Bushy Park to see the parade. I guess I should be honest. It was not much of a parade. It was fun, but nothing spectacular. They had a number of people in period costume, old bicycles, and a marching band.


Victory in Europe Day as Celebrated in Bushy Park

They also had a number of cars and other army vehicles that did not fit the period of the 1940’s.

I took pictures of all the groups as they came past and will post them when I get to the office. But now I am off to try on various military hats that Kevin has brought to the pub.

I hope you have a wonderful day wherever you are!

Don Bergquist – 08-May-2005 – Hampton Court

No comments: