Monday, May 09, 2005

Hats

It has been said that a man wears many hats in his lifetime. If this is the case, then Kevin is more prepared than usual for life.

Kevin is a mate of mine from down at the King’s Arms. He is the one that got me into a bobby’s helmet at the parade yesterday. I had not actually ever thought about getting a bobby to let me put on his helmet until Kevin said to me “Do you want a picture of yourself with a real bobby’s helmet on?” What does one say to that?

I am fairly certain that every tourist would love to have such a picture but how many of us (at least how many of us with manners) would walk up to a stranger (even one in uniform – or should that be especially one in uniform) and ask to put on their hat? I wouldn’t!

Anyway, Kevin asked the bobby at one of the booths that he knew if I could try on the helmet, Terry took the picture and here it is.


Self Portrait with Bobby Helmet

After we got back to the King’s Arms, we all got around a table where Kevin got out his duffle bag of hats. There were Russian military hats, US, UK, and German helmets, and a couple from China and North Korea. I guess all told there were about ten to pass around. We all put them on and took our pictures. Please follow the link above to find pictures of all of us.

I hope you have a wonderful day wherever you are!

Don Bergquist – 09-May-2005 – Hampton Court

No comments: