Thursday, May 12, 2005

Birthday Greetings

This evening I was invited to a birthday celebration from one of my friends from the pub.

What a great country! With the exception of a notable few, everyone here has been so friendly and polite! After such a short association with the people I have met, to be invited to celebrate an auspicious event as if we were old friends makes me feel really special. I thank everyone who has been so kind to me in my time here in the UK. Thank you for making me feel at home!

So, now, back at the hotel after the birthday celebration I want to make sure that I extend one last set of birthday greetings to Stephen. Happy Birthday, guy and thanks for inviting me to the party. Many happy returns of the day! Not everyone would have invited me to take part in their celbration. Let's face it, some people are just not cool.

To those of you who are, in the words of your countrymen, complete wankers I have only this to say: Get a clue!

Those of you who have been following my blog since December may remember the post I made back then about the two rude people I met on the road to Kingston. At least they were ambiguously rude. There were ways, in some alternate reality, that what they said to me could have been taken as other than an insult. I now have no doubt that there were truly unspeakably rude people here.

One of the people at the party, granted one that has a tendency to become too drunk too often and is not at all a happy drunk, made a comment that could be taken no way as anything other than unspeakably rude and confrontational. Luckily, everyone else at the party was cool and pretty much ignored this person who, as I said can best be described as a wanker. The epiphyte "tosser" is also appropriate. But now I am slipping into wankerism.

Well, I guess I had best complete this entry and get to packing. Tomorrow is my last day here on this trip and I have an early Saturday flight so I will want to get packed so I can spend some time with people at the pub tomorrow night.

I hope wherever you are today your day is relatively wanker free!

Don Bergquist - 12-May-2005 - Hampton Court

No comments: