Monday, May 23, 2005

Home Again! Home Again! Jiggety-Jig!

In The Only Travel Guide You’ll Ever Need by Dave Barry Dave Barry writes that there is something about travel that makes one want to French-Kiss their doormat when they get back. I have never had an experience like that, but it is nice to get home.

I didn’t get home ‘til well after 20:00 last night due to an accident south of Fountain, another in Colorado Springs, and an inexplicable slowdown at Monument. The first thing Saga wanted to do upon returning home was to run over to the neighbors and see Peggy and Lynne. Okay, this may have something to do with the fact that Lynne gives Saga cookies whenever she comes to visit.

I was so beat last night that I basically dropped as much of my stuff as I could stand to carry in on the floor of the living room. I tripped over it this morning. I will be doing laundry tomorrow and getting ready for my trip today’s next weekend. I leave butt-ugly-early o’clock on Saturday for Minnesota.

I know what you are thinking to yourself: “Don…” (which, to paraphrase Steve Martin, is odd unless your name happens to be ‘Don.’ But I digress…) “Don, your foot must still be in the classic accelerator position… how can you be thinking of going on another road trip so soon?

Maybe as I surmised on Tuesday when I left on that trip, I am just a freak! Well, this freak needs to wash something to wear to work. I hope you have enjoyed my ramblings from my most recent trip.

I hope your day is going well, wherever you are!

Don Bergquist – Lakewood, Colorado – 23, May, 2005

No comments: