Friday, May 20, 2005

The Big Day

What a day we have had! It was a wonderful morning. We all got together in the morning at the hotel restaurant to have breakfast and then headed over to The Bergquist’s House. We spent a pleasant morning doing this and that. I took the obligatory pictures of the graduate in her cap and gown. Damn I want a new camera!

The CCD is a bit slower than I like and I need to use a tripod for anything but the best lighting conditions. I have attached a link to my pictures of Sara in her cap and gown below. There are also pictures taken at the graduation but, again, due to the lighting, my camera did not take a number of them clearly because I wasn’t taking them with a tripod.

We had a lovely luncheon at a wonderful place that serves genuine Cajun food. I was dismayed to see that, when looking at the acoustical tiles that adorned the ceiling, although U of F and FSU were both represented on the ceiling, UCF, my alma mater, wasn’t! It is blatant favoritism. I, of course, took this as an opportunity to get a barb or two in to my brother and sister-in-law. Denis and Helen are both graduates of University of Florida and it is always a pleasure to remind them of their school’s failed attempt to annex my school. It is also nice to remind them that as of this year’s enrolment, UCF is the larger of the two schools.


Lunch Before Commencement

A fairly severe storm blew through whilst we were at lunch. At times, it was dark enough out to light the streetlights. But it blew over quickly and we made our way back to the hotel to get ready for the big activity of the afternoon.

No comments: