Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Wow! Time Flies!

Time Flies – And so does the space shuttle!

The Prime 7 News (the morning news for my client here) included a story about the final flight of the Space Shuttle. In it, they mentioned that the shuttle had been flying for 29 years.

29 Years? Really!?

I was there when the first shuttle failed to launch and then again for the next (successful) attempt.

For the first two years of the program I remember watching every launch – either in person, at Jetty Park, or from the window of my dorm room at UCF.  And thereafter I would watch launches on the monitors at the station I worked at in Tampa and then would step out to look for the contrail.

As a matter of fact, the first one that I didn’t watch was the ill-fated challenger launch!

But has it really been 29 years!? Time flies when you’re having fun!

Wherever you are this evening I hope that you are having fun.

Don Bergquist – 17 April 2012 – Canberra, ACT, Australia

No comments: