Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Travelogue: Australia – Weekend Side Trip: Uluru – Part 4a, Waiting

What the hell! It is friggin’ EARLY!!!

So, why am I so cheerful and smiling? Well, it is my second day at Uluru and today I am headed into the park itself to visit the actual mountain! I am psyched!

A momentary worry crossed my mind. The rest of Australia “fell back” this morning to standard time. I have been sitting outside for a while and seen nobody, so I had worried that (as I was told) the Northern Territory had changed their clock and the hotel had failed to take that into account with my wake-up call. I was sure that I was sitting here an hour before I needed to be.

But shortly after I decided to check I was assured that the Northern Territory does not go to Daylight Saving Time (Summer Time) and so does not “Fall Back” in April with those Australian states who do.

So, I am sitting here in the deserted forecourt of the hotel; it is about 05:30 and I am waiting for the bus. C’mon, bus!!!

I hope to be able to do the climb, but I have not got my hopes up too high. I have been told that some of my local colleagues do not believe that they allow climbing any longer. We will have to see. Ah! People are starting to arrive! This is a good sign.

I’m folding-up the tablet and going to chat with any other morning people I can find.

Wherever you are this morning I hope that you have had an adventure this weekend!

Don Bergquist – 04 April 2012 – Canberra, ACT, Australia

No comments: