Monday, April 16, 2012

Travelogue: Australia – Sedate Weekend!

What a lovely change of pace! Instead of flying two-thirds-way across the continent, or traveling to the next state by train for a whirlwind sightseeing trip and to add to the experiences of Australia, I did… well, not much of anything this weekend!

And I have to say, it was WONDERFUL!

I slept in on Saturday and then took a stroll down the shops to get a few things that I needed and then did a bit of sightseeing. The afternoon was hot and muggy, even though it was overcast so, I came back to the hotel and did bit of correspondence.

Then I headed off to the office supply store looking for a few things that I needed.

Sunday was absolutely lovely out so I went down to the artisan shops at the Old Bus Depot Market. I got myself a couple pimentos from my travels and a couple gifts for people back home…

I then climbed up the summit of Mt Ainsley. It was a lovely day. At nine, I went down to the airport to collect a colleague who was returning from a vacation. And then returned to the hotel to get ready for my last full week in Australia.

Wherever you are this morning I hope that you have had a great weekend.

Don Bergquist – 16 April 2012 – Canberra, ACT, Australia

No comments: