Sunday, April 29, 2012

I’m Freaking Out!


Saga greeted me at the door on Friday. There is nothing odd about this. She greets me at the door every day when I return from work. But the difference today is that she didn’t get up when I walked in. She just sat there.

It got even more obvious that there was a problem when I clipped on her lead and said “let’s go out.”

She just continued to sit there and when I urged her toward the door, she scooted along the floor. I picked-up her hind quarters and she sat right back down again!  That was it. She could not stand-up!

I immediately called the vet and we went down there. He laid-out all the possibilities and told me what it could be neurological or it could be muscular. We are going to have to wait and watch! She’s getting on in years and I am really hoping that she just pinched a muscle. She doesn’t appear to be in pain, but…


I have slept on the floor for the past two days so that I could see whether she slept. She seems to be happy and well, there is no whining. It seems to be that she is okay, she just can’t use her back legs.

Wherever you are today I hope that your weekend is free from things that make you freak out!

Don Bergquist – April 29, 2012 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: