Friday, April 06, 2012

Travelogue: Australia – Weekend Side Trip: Uluru – Part 5b, Late Return


Any fear I had that I would make my connection is gone! LONG GONE!

The Sydney Airport is closed on a weather delay. The problem? That storm that I rode through on the way in (the one that tossed the commuter jet around on the way down) has developed into a full-blown lightning storm. I can see why they have closed the airport. The lightning flashes periodically overpower the fluorescent lighting in the terminal and cast shadows. The rain is coming down outside in sheets!

I am sitting here in the departure lounge from which my flight will (may) eventually leave and not only can we not leave while the airport is closed, the plane carrying our crew cannot land during the storm!

So, there is nothing to do but sit here and wait. But then again, THIS is the fun of travel, right?

As I said at the beginning of the series of articles for the week, whoever said that ‘Getting There Is Half The Fun’ really needs to have a better travel planner! I would like again, to thank my sister for pushing me to do what I wanted to do anyway and take this amazing side trip and once again, thanks to the travel planner, Resego at Flight Centre, for booking everything for me! It was an amazing adventure!

Wherever you are this morning I hope that you have had an adventure this weekend!

Don Bergquist – 06 April 2012 – Canberra, ACT, Australia

No comments: