Thursday, July 10, 2008

Vacation Mode

Time was when I'd start getting into vacation mode a few days (there were times it was a whole week) ahead of the actual commencement of my holiday. Not this year! I haven't even started thinking about packing.

I have so much going on that I am pretty sure that I will be thinking about work even when I am driving to the beach next week. It's Thursday and I am supposed to be leaving on Monday afternoon… You'd have thought that I would at least be making sure I had my stuff starting to collect in my den.

But no! I have done nothing yet except to make sure the car was in order. Tires, alignment, brakes, oil change… all the things I cannot do Monday if I discover it is needed. I had the car checked-out and did what was necessary prior to a 3,000-mile jaunt across the country and back.

Perhaps tomorrow I will start thinking as if I'm in vacation mode… today, I haven't the time.

Wherever you are today, I hope you're looking forward to something fun!

Don Bergquist – July 10, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: