Tuesday, July 15, 2008

…And The Winner Is…

Tuesday Morning, Butt-Ugly Early O'clock!

I've delayed my departure until this morning. By the time the car was parked yesterday, it was later than I wanted to leave yesterday… I would have hit rush hour in Colorado Springs. So instead, I took a nap. Then I decided that I wanted to get a good night's sleep.

It's now about three in the morning. The weather reports look good for the roads all the way into Memphis. I should arrive some time this evening. By the time this posts, later this morning, I hope to be headed east, somewhere in – if not already through – the Texas Panhandle on I-40. But for that to be the case, I will have to get moving.

There is an old saying (I believe it is Irish): "May the road always rise to meet your feet, and the wind always be at your back!" I'd wish it to myself, but am afraid of generating negative karma by doing so. Instead: I wish you a wonderful day!

Wherever you are going today, I hope that the road is good to you and that the miles absolutely fly by!

Don Bergquist – July 15, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: