Sunday, July 20, 2008

Quotes From The Beach

"You must be Anna and Andrew's daughter!" I said to the little blonde moppet that I encountered walking through the house yesterday!

"No." Came the unadorned response.

"Oh." I said. I wasn't really sure how many kids there would be here and to whom they would belong, I just knew that Cousin Anna (a cousin of my friends who invited me to the beach) had a child a while back and as she and her husband were there, I made a guess. "So, who are your parents."

"That would be Mommy and Daddy." She said proud of giving the right answer to a difficult question.

"Of course it would!" I turned to the other child playing with the blocks spread across the floor! "And who are your parents?"

"My mommy and daddy, silly!" He responded as if I had just asked the supidest question he had ever heard!

Well, you ask a silly question...

Wherever you are today, I hope you're having a great day!

Don Bergquist - July 20, 2008 - DeBordieu Colony, South Carolina, USA

No comments: