Sunday, July 06, 2008

Being A Total Slug

Ah! It is one of the problems with getting older, I suppose! I cannot carouse the way I used to. There was a time when The Pirate Party would have been an "adults only" kind of thing; a regular Bacchanal that would last late into the night.

Perhaps it is because we have so many of our group who are now parents, perhaps it is just because we're getting older. And perhaps, we've all just realized the error of our ways… it's amazing how well and naturally the adjectives "young" and "stupid" go together! The party has become tamer over the years. (The last time someone got decked by someone else – accidentally of course – was years ago.)

But even so, after a day of watching the kids play at the games that Chris and Amy had devised for them, and the occasional Mojito or Sangria, and walking around meeting people all afternoon, I was totally whipped when I returned home. Saga and I took a walk (and for reasons I cannot fathom – perhaps just because I was tired – she wanted to take a long walk) and then I fell asleep in front of the tube watching a movie.

Needless to say, yesterday was a casual day. I did some bookkeeping and played with my photographic cataloguing and did precious little else. It was relaxing. But today, Saga and I are headed up to Mount Sanitas. It's a lovely day and I need to clamber over some boulders today!

Wherever you are today, I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Don Bergquist – July 06, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: