Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Chef Arrives



My cousin Sheila arrived yesterday to enjoy the day at the beach with me and my friends.



What a hoot! Sheila and I chatted via phone a couple times in preparation for the trip. First she was going to bring a small token of her appreciation of the invitation to spend the day with us. (She wanted to bring some sweet potato biscuits.) Then she wanted to know if it would be okay to bring a bottle of wine... (You can't really go wrong bringing wine to the beach, I assured her.) Finally she called to ask if my friends would be offended if she brought food. (If what she did was offensive, my friends must be majorly masochistic - they loved it!)



I had no idea what to expect when Sheila arrived. The sheer amount of small tarts, roasts, rice, veggies, and dips that she brought were impressive. It's great having a chef and caterer for a cousin and a friend!



It had been way too long since we'd sat down together and caught-up. and there was plenty of that too! It was great! The boys are a riot! My friends loved meeting my cousins and asked her back any time (even if she didn't bring a week's worth of groceries with her!)



Wherever you are today, I hope your day is a good one!



Don Bergquist - July 22, 2008 - DeBourdieu Colony, South Carolina, USA

No comments: