Thursday, June 26, 2008

On A Thursday

There's a great line from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Arthur Dent (an earth man) has just learned that his best friend Ford Prefect (named after a car for reasons that are unimportant at the moment) is not from Gifford but rather is an alien from somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse. This on top of the fact that the council has decided to demolish his house to build a bypass, so you can tell he is having a bad day. Under the weight of this provocation, Aurthur exclaims "This must be Thursday, I never quite could get the hang of Thursdays."

I can sympathize with that! My morning started with Saga waking me up way early. Not really sure why, she just wanted to play around three this morning. I tried getting back to sleep after convincing her to lay down and let Daddy sleep, but it was futile.

When I went downstairs to get coffee, I noticed that I hadn't put the pot fully under the filter so the filter exit was blocked. There were coffee grounds and coffee all over the counter from where it had overflowed the top of the filter basket.

Finally, Saga didn't want to go out this morning, so I had to coax her to the door, slip on the lead and practically drag her out for her walk. When we finally got to her park, she wanted to sniff everything in sight but not actually take care of her business. I still have to pack lunch and get into the office. I am going to be so late today! Grrr....

Another Thursday!

Wherever you are this morning, I hope that the days has started well for you!

Don Bergquist - June 26, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: