Sunday, June 08, 2008

It Doesn't Have The Thames...

...but it is still nice!

The greenbelt in which I ride most often has Bear Creek running through it. It is a lovely trail and hearing the creek laugh as it trips over the mini rapids is lovely.

The weather this weekend has been so excellent! It has rained every morning early, before I get up (and you know that is early). I've lain in bed listening to it as I came back to reality.

But despite the early rains, the afternoons have been lovely! I've been riding along the trail, swimming in the pool, and generally having a lovely weekend. This morning, I strapped on my backpack when I went for my ride; the one with my camera gear in it, and took some pictures along the trail. This is one that reminds me that while the Bear Creek Trail is no tow path, it does have one important thing that is missing from the Thames!

Where in Thames Ditton can I get views like this? (Of course, where in Lakewood can I get a Tanglefoot? - Nowhere! I've looked!) So, there are great things to do on both sides of the Atlantic, and when I was there, I missed here. Now that I am home, I miss it there. Wherever ever I am, I miss the friends I have left behind.

So, I send out greetings to the friends I have made on three continents. For the rest of you, Don't worry, with my travel schedule, we'll probably be friends sooner-or-later!

Wherever you are, I hope you'll spend time outdoors today - perhaps with your friends!

Don Bergquist - June 08, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: