Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bike to Work Day

Well, it's bike to work day but there is no way in Heck that I am going to participate. According to my GPS, I live at about 6,000' the office is about 800' higher. That climb would be bad enough but my twenty mile trip would have to cross a couple really evil hills.

So, I'll be driving my hybrid into the office today; as always. But in honor of Bike to Work day, I am planning to get home as early as possible and bike to the store for groceries. (Instead of stopping on the way home, that is...)

Some year, I'll be with-it enough to get up an extra hour early and make the ride into the office instead of driving... but that is not going to be today. (Besides, it is supposed to be over ninety today!)

Wherever you are today, I hope that you're having a great day!

Don Bergquist - June 25, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: