Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday: Time To Plan The Weekend

It's pretty-much like any other day. There is no pub to go to tonight with the dog. No rides in Bushy Park await my enjoyment this weekend. I can't catch the train into London tomorrow to meet-up with friends. It's another weekend in Colorado.



But, the Bear Creek Trail has ground under my bike tires regularly for the past few weeks, the mountains becon to the west... there is plenty to do here!
I'm thinking that Saga and I may drive up to the mountains this weekend and go exploring.



Those of you who have been reading my blog for any period of time know that the one thing you can probably count on because I plan to go to the mountains this weekend, is that I will probably not make it to the mountains this weekend! It's nothing I can help, it just seems to be the way things happen.



I can plan and plan; make schedules and expectations; prepare for whatever it is, but as soon as I make the committment, tell people what my plans are, they go right out the window! I end-up doing nothing of the sort. It seems to happen all the time. Either something comes up, or the plans collapse, or I get sick.



But, if today goes well, and the weekend is as lovely as they are predicting, then Saga and I will be feeling the road under our wheels this weekend. There's a lovely park I know of that has a mirror lake that beautifully reflects the sky. I think that we will head up there. (We'll see what happens.)



Wherever you are today, I hope that you'll have a good day and a great weekend!



Don Bergquist - June 27, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: