Tuesday, June 10, 2008

GPS Fun

I've finally done it. I've been thinking about it for a while now, but this weekend I have finally done it. I went out and bought myself a GPS for the car. What's wrong with maps?

Before living in London, I always considered in-car Global Positioning System navigation units to be an expensive and frivolous toys. But living in the UK, where practically every car I got into had one, I can see the benefits. They really do help you route to places you've never been, and they can optimize the stops that you have to make along the way, but more importantly, they help you out by telling you about road conditions.

I got the Garmin nĂ¼vi 760. It is pretty cool! I use it to compare routes to the office and yesterday, on the way home, it told me that there was an accident ahead of me on the interstate. I was getting off well before then anyway. I am looking forward to my trip across the country. Apparently, the unit will route me around traffic jams! That should come in handy on my way to the coast!

Wherever you are today, I hope that the road ahead of you is smooth and open!

Don Bergquist - June 10, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: