Saturday, August 11, 2007

What a Lovely Morning!

I got a nice, long ride in… a couple in fact!

The morning started by trying to get Saga to go out for a walk. I think that she was a bit over-excited by the trip to the pub last night. As normal as she appears to be, she is still suffering the after-affects of the false pregnancy. Poor thing!

It was a struggle to get her out of the kennel this morning for a walk. As soon as we were out she wanted to get back in.

We had a new washer delivered to the Villa this morning, so my first ride was up to a hardware store to get a 10mm spanner so that I could install it. I've done two loads of laundry and had a bike ride during the four hours each ran. It is a lovely day, a bit warm, but lovely!

The flowers are in bloom and the skies are all but perfectly blue! My first ride was around the loop that I always ride (New Malden - Kingston - Hampton - West Molesey - Home) my second took me across the Kingston bridge, along the tow path up river along the Thames until the weir at Sunbury. I cannot believe how beautiful the day has been!

It is now late afternoon, I've got a third load of laundry in the machines… it is time to take my book bring the recliner out to the back deck and do some serious reading. And today is the day for it!

Wherever you are today, I hope that your day has been a lovely one!

Don Bergquist - 11 August 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: