Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Return of the Rains

Well, it's been a nice run of beautiful weather, but it has ended. Good thing too! The garden is looking a bit dry and I'd rather have the water fall on it from the sky than to waste treated city water!

The downside is that it makes riding miserable. The rain, more of a heavy mist than a rain really, is constant and light enough that it really doesn't pay to put on my rain gear. The waterproofing is good, but it doesn't breathe so I'd be wetter from sweating if I wore it, than I would by just riding the half-mile to the office.

So, I rode to the office in a mist, I rode home for lunch in the mist. At least during the day it actually rained (what I would call a sprinkle, really) fairly substantially while I was at work. Now that the day is over and that I am sitting here at the villa, the weather has gotten gloomy but at least the rain has stopped falling. The weathercaster said that we had about 2.5mm of rain today, but it really doesn't look like it. Tomorrow is supposed to be even wetter!

Ah, well, it's good for the gardens!

Wherever you are today, I hope that you’re having whatever you consider to be a beautiful day!

Don Bergquist - 14 August 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: