Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Rains

What horrid weather we're getting for their visit! They may never believe that it is as nice over here as I have told them it can be. After a rainy weekend and a prediction for the rain to stop around midnight Sunday, the promise for better weather was there. Alas! Yesterday it rained all day! It is raining now! It will probably be raining in a few hours when I return home after work. I hope it stops raining before we go down to Brighton!

Janine and Fritz headed into Central London on their own yesterday as I went to the office. The rest of the week, I am taking half-days of vacation each day. Today I have a car coming to the office. I am renting a car so that we can hit a bunch of the outlying areas that they want to see and that I want to show them. I have to get to the office and get to work so I can get home. It is still raining and I think I will walk with an umbrella rather than riding and leaving my bike at the office for the week.

Ah well, at least the rainy morning will be good for them to sleep-in and recuperate after their day of shopping, sightseeing, and pub crawling.

I hope that wherever you are today, the weather is amenable to the activities you have planned.

Don Bergquist - 21 August 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: