Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Departure

What a whirlwind visit!

I have had a great week with my friends visiting; they had a great time visiting the UK. Some of my Florida friends got to meet some of my UK friends and I hope that everyone had as great a time as I did!

My as a finale to the week, my friends Angie and Terry threw a barbecue at their place in West Molesey Sunday. There was plenty of food and drink, conversation, music and it was a great time! We arrived around three and the party was still going on when I left for home around eleven.

My friends suggested I go home, sort-out the dog, (perhaps even bring her back) and then return to the party. But dog-gone-it! I'm a responsible sort. We had to get to the airport relatively early yesterday. We got to the airport and I saw them to the check-in and headed home.

For the rest of the day yesterday, I did a lot of nothing much. I relaxed and read the paper; I sat in the back garden in my recliner and read a book; I drank coffee and had a lovely morning. After noon, I went out for a nice long bike ride and made it an early evening.

This morning has dawned clear and bright. It is sure to be a lovely day. According to my calculations, Janine and Fritz should be landing in South Florida any time now! I guess I had best get into the office and start my week.

Wherever you are, I hope you’ve had a great weekend and you have a wonderful day!

Don Bergquist - 28 August 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: