Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Quiet Morning

Lying in bed this morning, it was hard to get up. The morning was so still and lovely out the window. I looked at the clock: 04:30… I can wait a few minutes.

In the distance, I hear the clock tower on The Home of Compassion tolling the hour. I look at the clock: 05:00… I roll over and listen to the news a bit more. There is another case of Hoof and Mouth disease that has been discovered here in Surrey, that cannot be good.

For a while, it seemed that they would be closing Bushy Park (to protect the herds in the park from getting it) but I received an email last night telling me that the park will remain open. The news says that they still haven’t discovered how the first case happened but they are looking at the recent flooding as a possible mechanism for spreading the virus.

I look at the clock: 05:19… The shipping forecast is about to come on. Time to get moving…

I look at the clock: 05:30… What? Oh, I guess I was dozing.

I did finally get up and get ready to start my day. I am now enjoying my coffee and thinking it is about time to hop on my bike and get to the office.

Wherever you are, I hope you have a relaxed start to your day!

Don Bergquist - 07 August 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: