Thursday, August 09, 2007

Great British Beer Festival

The festival was great!

My friends and I met-up at the pub for breakfast (lunch) before catching the train into Earls Court for the CAMRA Great British Beer Festival. There were tons of beers to choose from and I never once had a beer I had had before.

The hall was fairly empty when we arrived but started getting busy around 16:00. By the time we left at 17:30, the place was packed.

Aside from the beer, there was food, bar games, and merchants to visit. I held-out as long as I could and then bought myself (and a couple people on my gift list) some tee-shirts. On of my favorites, was this Salvador Dalek tee. (Playing on my love of surrealism and Dr. Who!)

After a day of half-pints, we returned to the pub for a last pint and then I headed home around 21:00 to head off to bed. This morning, I need to make sure I take the long way to the office and make time for a nice-long bike ride at lunch. I've got to work off all that beer somehow!

Wherever you are today, I hope that you're having a good day!

Don Bergquist - 09 August 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: