Wednesday, August 15, 2007

That's Timing!

The morning was great! I awoke to the sound of a rainstorm (actual noisy rain) this morning around 04:00… "Great! I'm going to have to ride to the office in the rain!" I thought before I rolled over, gathered-up the duvet around my shoulders and went back to sleep.

Somehow, I incorporated the news that came onto my radio at 04:45 and the active little tune that my phone plays (that I use as an alarm clock) at 05:00, and then again at 05:20. It was not until half-way through the marine forecast that I realized I was still asleep and working the radio into my dreaming…

Thus being brought back to consciousness, I dragged myself out of bed, took my shower and dressed, and headed down to make breakfast and coffee. Saga had to be coaxed out as it was still sprinkling out. The great thing was that the rain had slacked a bit and the day was looking better.

Now that it is 05:55 and it is time to head out, the rain has stopped leaving a broken sky and a few puddles but nothing serious to contend with on my way to the office. So, I suppose that I should post this and get the bike out and get to the office!

Wherever you are today, I hope your morning comes together for you!

Don Bergquist - 15 August 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: