Sunday, August 19, 2007

The First Morning

The guys are still asleep. The house is quiet. Or rather, the house would be quite but for the fact that I have some music playing and was recently making a racket in the kitchen preparing the traditional Full English Breakfast for my friends. It's a beautiful morning.

I awoke a bit late. (We were at the pub until closing last night and then, after taking a cab home, we sat-up telling tales and having beverages until well into the morning.) When I awoke at 07:00 and it was raining, I turned over and went back to sleep. By eight, the rain had stopped and I dressed, went for a short (10 mile) ride and then did a bit of grocery shopping.

I've finished all the prep-work for the fry-up and am ready to cook the eggs when my friends re-join the land of the living. Today we're going to play tourist and see some of the sights of London. They both have lists for the specific things they want to see. I'm pretty sure we won't hit them all today, but as I have to work tomorrow, at least I can show them how to get into London and get around.

Start another pot of coffee and see if they are stirring. We should be getting into Central London.

Wherever you are today, I hope you're having a leisurely day!

Don Bergquist - 19 August 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: