Friday, November 17, 2006

The Office, Like Home

The trips over here are getting longer and the visits back to the states less frequent, but I am not at all sure that I have a problem with this. I really love it over here. Sure, I miss my family and friends back home, and wish that my office had air conditioning or at least good ventilation...

But on the whole it is great!

What is the reason for me waxing nostalgic this morning? Well I am about to head into the office for what will be the last time of this trip. I've been here since mid-August and it is time for me to head home. When I come back in December I'll be here for seven months. This place is starting to feel a bit like "Home."

If pressed, I'd still have to say that "Home" is Colorado... it is, after all the only place I own property and despite a steady accumulation of stuff, most of my belongings are there. But my office here has almost all the necessities. I have my family calendar, my pictures of Saga Roo, it's almost home.

Speaking of which, being it is my last day in this trip and I have a number of things to do I had best wrap-up this homage to home and get my butt into the office. Six O'clock seems to come really early over here! (Perhaps it is because at this time of year the sun doesn't rise until nearly 07:30. Who can say?)

I hope wherever you are today, thoughts of home carry you through the day!

Don Bergquist - 17 November 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: