Sunday, November 12, 2006

Autumn in the Back Garden

What a gorgeous day!

After staying out with my friends at the pub until nearly midnight, I was roused from sleep for reasons unknown at an unusually early hour. I've been up since six and cannot fathom why I am not tired. I'm sure I'll be paying for this early morning tonight.

So, being up and having nothing much else to do, I did a bit of housework. The dishwasher needed to be started, there was a bit of general tidying that always can stand to be done, and of course, with the laundry machines we have (that take four hours to wash a load and then leave it to be hung-wet to dry) there is never enough time to do laundry.

Around 07:30 I decided it was time for me to take a ride. I went along my normal twenty-mile route that takes me through New Malden, Kingston, Hampton Hill and East Molesey. The weather this morning is a bit chilly, but it is a good day to ride. I couldn't suss-out why there was so much traffic this morning this early. Sure, Sunday is the day that people go to church around here as well, but the church traffic in my area tends to be later on Sunday.

So, a bout 10 I had a light breakfast and sat with my second cup of coffee in the garden enjoying the color. I have to say, there are some interesting things you can do with a small area. Now, if this were my garden, there are some more interesting things I'd do with it; perhaps a gazebo down near the bottom of the garden and maybe a water feature would nice. And the pergola is nice, but there should be grapes or some vine of some kind growing on it.

But at least the owner has done a goof job with the variety of the foliage; there is an interesting mixture of colors and textures. I had to grab my camera and share the morning in the garden with you.

I have no idea what I am going to do for the rest of the day, but I am pretty certain it will not involve sitting around the house! There are few enough lovely days in London in the fall.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you are having a lovely day!

Don Bergquist - 12 November 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: