Tuesday, November 14, 2006

An Enigma

I am certainly not the only one who has questions about this!

This past weekend as my boss and I were out and about in London, we passed this sign outside a salon in Surbiton. I have no idea what the heck it is meant to convey to the person "in-the-know" but the image it conjures up in my mind was outrageously humorous.

What kind of person wants their hair done my a small ring-tailed nocturnal mammal who's chief notable talent up to this point seems to be playing thieves and other shady characters in Saturday Morning Cartoons? It must have some other meaning in English, though what that might be, I am at a loss to say.

Perhaps they give you hair extensions that are banded in black and gray?

I hope wherever you are today, you don't look like you've had your hair done by a raccoon! (...unless, for some reason, you like that look!)

Don Bergquist - 14 November 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: