Saturday, November 18, 2006

Last Day This Trip

Being the last day in the UK this trip I've got a number of things to do on my list.

Luckily, the weather here today is lovely! After three days of rain (from the drizzles that make riding miserable that fell all day Wednesday to the outright downpour that prevented me from even wanting to leave the house yesterday) the weather is absolutely lovely! The temperatures today are supposed to hit seventy. The sun is out and the winds have died down to the light breeze.

I've spent the morning packing my cases and doing a few things around the house while waiting for the delivery van from Sainsbury's to deliver the cleaning products for the house. I have to mow the back garden and take a bike ride today. I am hoping that the pub will actually open today so that I can have one last Tanglefoot this trip. Oh, and spend some time with my mates.

I was by the pub last night on my way to the pub we have been frequenting during the King's Arms refurb. The owners were moving furniture in a pouring rain to get the pub ready to open today. I think I may try and be there at opening hour (noon) to see if I can be the first to get in the "new and improved" King's Arms.

Tomorrow morning I leave for the airport early and will be traveling all day. By this time Monday I'll be in South Florida.

I hope that wherever you are today you have a moment to enjoy the pleasures you cherish.

Don Bergquist - 18 November 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: