Monday, December 13, 2004

Insomnia

Today’s entry is being scribed at three o’clock in the morning. That would be 03:00 GMT! Yes, I am suffering insomnia this morning. Perhaps my mind is trying to tell me that I should be out spending my few remaining days wisely, perhaps it is because I went to bed a couple hours early last night because there was nothing better to do.

Things close down in this country early anyway, but on Sunday’s there is really nothing to do after sundown. I, of course, went for the obligatory walk, (followed by the obligatory pint of bitter at the pub) but is was heavily misty last night and before I made it up to Surbiton (about a mile away) I was thoroughly soaked so I turned around and headed back to the hotel.

Warm after a hot shower and dry and toasty by the radiator in bed under the duvet, I curled up with a book. Being very much my father’s son, I sometimes read the way my dad watches television and so was, almost immediately, fast asleep. Since I started “reading” around 20:30, I guess I got about five hours good hard sleep, but now I am up and have hours before anything will be open and five hours before the office opens for the day.

I’ve been trying to get back to sleep for over two hours now and have determined that the attempt is futile. I guess I will do finish-up this entry in the blog for the day, do a couple hours’ writing of documents I need to write for the project I am here doing, then get dressed and take a walk. I cannot see stars out so I know it is still overcast here but since I can see the newsagent’s up the road a way I can tell that at least the mist of last night has cleared.

I hope you’re having a great night’s sleep and that you will, indeed, have a great day!

Don Bergquist – Thames Ditton, United Kingdom – 13, December, 2004

No comments: