Friday, December 31, 2004


Chip & Saga at Pawley's Island
In July, my company had a picnic where I took first prize in the desert contest. I submitted a summer berry trifle as my entry. I received a gift certificate to Williams Sonoma where I got myself a nice food processor. Later in the month, my brother, Denis and his family came out and with Dad and Flo and I we all went to Mesa Verde in the Southwest corner of the state. It was fun.

August was hot and uncomfortable. Especially so since I started it in the hospital. I got bit by a spider and had a really bad reaction to it. At the worst, I was in a fever of 106.5-degrees. I was back at work a week later, and have no lingering affects.

September was at all exciting. Good thing! I was given the task of writing the interface guidelines for the project I was assigned. This means that I worked with a technical designer who was prototyping the software while I put down the expected behavior. It was, again, something I have never done before. It was interesting and challenging.

For the first time ever, I was able to get the trip I have wanted since I started traveling. I started November getting ready to go to the United Kingdom. It was great! I worked for four weeks with a group of people from my company's Thames Ditton office. It was also in November that my company was sold to a competitive company. For the first time since I worked for that television station in Tampa, I am working for a publicly traded company.

Finally, there is December. My trip being extended meant that I had very little time to get ready for my family who were coming to visit for the holidays. I had a wonderful visit with my Sister, her husband and friends, and my brother, nephew and father. It was great!

The year has been a great one for me, I hope it was great for you and I wish you a happy new year!

Have a great day!

Don Bergquist – Lakewood, Colorado – 31, December, 2004

No comments: