Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Busy Day!

Where does the time go? Perhaps I am not really acclimated to this time zone as I thought I was! I am finding myself looking up and thinking “Now, why is it dark outside already?” only to realize that it is after five and the sun sets at 4:15 here at this time of year.

Either I am not fully acclimated, or I spend my entire day in meetings. Yes, I find the later to be more likely. That is only right because, after all, I am here on business. The one thing that I did do that I am excited about is that I made a reservation to hire a car for the weekend. I will be driving to Stonehenge this weekend so look for new pictures next on Monday!

About the new hotel, it is obvious that the bathroom was designed by a woman who prefers baths to showers. How do I know? Well there is a shower enclosure but it is, at best, perfunctory. It takes a concerted effort to take a shower and have the water run down the drain and not all over the floor. So, that explains the bath versus shower preference. The gender? Well there is no under the only mirror in the room, which happens to be a full length mirror. So, the person who designed the room is obviously more interest in how they look than in not dripping shaving lather all over the floor.

Other than that, it is a really nice place, the owner is fun to chat with and the food in the bar downstairs is quite nice.

Well, it is getting rather dark out and I have a walk to the hotel so I guess I will post this and get home. Have a great day!

Don Bergquist – Thames Ditton, United Kingdom – 01 December, 2004

No comments: