Saturday, August 13, 2011

Travelogue: Australia – Transfer



Goodbye Sydney ~ Hello Bangkok
==============================
Goodbye Australia

I suppose that there are places in the states where this is also true, but I cannot understand why I have to go through a second security screening to board my connection in Sydney!

 Sure, Canberra is a pretty small airport, but it does not seem to me that the screening I went through an hour ago in Canberra was any less secure than the one I went through a few minutes ago downstairs at the transfer point. I have never left the security of the airport… I do not understand this as a concept. Oh well!

I was told when I checked in that my ticket was marked "suitable for upgrade" but as of this morning when I checked, the section I was in was half empty. I do not hold out much hope for a repeat of my trip down here. It was a nice hope though.

Wherever you are today, I wish you safe travels!

Don Bergquist – 13 August 2011 – Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

No comments: