Thursday, August 18, 2011

Travelogue: Australia – Homeward Bound


Goodbye London ~ Hello Chicago
==============================
"I'm sittin' in the railway station, got a ticket for my destination
On a tour of one-night-stands, my suitcase and guitar at hand
And every stop is neatly planned for a poet and a one-man band"
From "Homeward Bound
By
Paul Simon

Okay, it’s an airport, I've checked my baggage, I haven't played the guitar in years, and I've been in one place way longer than one night. But you get the point…
It has been a long trip, productive – to be sure, but long!

Saga is sure to be missing her daddy as much as I am missing her. I've been missing my friends, and quite frankly I really need to get back onto my plan! It has been a month since I was actively following my diet. Although I do not feel any difference in my clothing, I am pretty sure that I have gained some weight.

I will have to see when I get back what the damage is. It has been a lovely morning, though! The sun was rising over London as I finished packing and left for the checkout desk.

My car arrived early, I was still checking out this morning when it arrived. I guess that is better than the alternative. Already this morning I went to the pub to check email one last time on their WiFi. And now I am sipping a coffee at a restaurant in Heathrow, writing my blog entry for the morning and waiting for the flight to be called.

It is a good day for flying. Tonight, I sleep in my own bed! Yeah!

Wherever you are today, I hope you are headed for something good!

Don Bergquist – 18 August 2011 – Heathrow International Airport, Hounslow, Middlesex, UK

No comments: