Thursday, August 11, 2011

Travelogue: Australia – In The News…


Thanks to the friends and family who wrote me this morning asking about my status. Thankfully, I am still in Australia, but I am watching with great interest the activities going on back in London.

My return to the states does take me back to London for a few days and so the unpleasantness currently underway is not something that I am concerned about. I am watching it closely, but at the moment it does not appear to be anything that will impact my travel plans.

The area of London that I stay in and that my company's office is located in is in an altogether different area of the city. That does not mean that the riots will have no impact. But I am certain that this is something that will be well over before I get back there.

Thanks for the kind emails and concerns, but I am certain that this will blow over. The British are a very retrained and rational people. This will be over and behind them before I get back to the UK.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you’re safe, well, and in tranquil surroundings.

Don Bergquist – 11 August 2011 – Canberra, ACT, Australia

No comments: