Saturday, August 13, 2011

Travelogue: Australia – Departure


Goodbye Canberra ~ Hello Sydney
==============================

I've been packed since early this morning, Canberra time, and have been working hard to get onto London time in preparation for my flight today. It seems to work; if I spend a couple days getting ready for the trip, moderating my diurnal cycle to more closely match the time it is in my target time zone, and then it seems to reduce the amount of time that I spend getting over the Jet lag.

I'm meeting a colleague for coffee a little later on; one last cuppa joe at the coffee bar I have come to think of as my hang-out here. Good Bye Dzire, hello Starbuck's… Like that is a fair exchange.

Having nothing better to do to kill time before my flight, after coffee, I checked to make sure I still had the seat I thought I did, bulkhead in Economy plus. I did. And then I made my way to the airport. They've bumped me to an earlier flight to Sydney, but there is no real difference whether I sit here for two hours or sit there for two hours. They'll be calling my flight soon, so I should pack this up and get ready to board.

Wherever you are today, I wish you safe travels!

Don Bergquist – 13 August 2011 – Canberra, ACT, Australia

No comments: