Monday, August 01, 2011

Travelogue: Australia – Jetlag


It is fairly well known to my readers, friends, and relatives that I have very little problem recovering from jetlag; at least when traveling this direction – east – around the globe. At least usually that is true. But I suppose that it doesn't matter which direction you have traveled when you make two-thirds of the circuit.

So I did everything I could to get over it. I took a nap when I got in and then stayed-up most of the day; I explored the neighborhood. Yesterday I was up only a bit earlier than usual so I made myself a bit of coffee and did a bit of reading and around sunrise I walked down to the war memorial and back, about a 10k jaunt. Other than that, I took it easy.

This morning, I am happy to report, I was asleep until practically the hour I would have slept to back home in the states. Which is good, my client meetings start today. Well, here’s hoping!

Wherever you are today, I hope that your week starts off well!

Don Bergquist – 01 August 2011 – Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

No comments: