Friday, August 12, 2011

Travelogue: Australia – Environmentalism II


Always one to give credit where credit is due, I must say that the hotel I am staying at in Canberra (the Quality Hotel Dickson) does do one thing right. They actually do follow their water-saving plan elements. If I leave a towel hung-up they leave it there; drop it on the floor and it is replaced by a fresh one.

Now if they would only be a little less environmentally conscious of the coffee cups. A couple times this stay I have been interrupted and had to rush-out with only half my cup of coffee consumed. I presume that they thought I would be returning to it, but it would have been nice if they assumed I was done with it and took the cup. Again, to be fair, this only happened twice in the two weeks I was there… I am willing to overlook it.

Wherever you are, I hope all your annoyances today are minor.

Don Bergquist – 12 August 2011 – Canberra, ACT, Australia

No comments: