Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Travelogue: Australia – Still No Sightings


There has been very little time for sightseeing since I came to Canberra. I have had a chance to walk around the general area of the hotel but have been too busy during the days to have the energy to go too far at night.
I've decided that this weekend I will be going out to a nature preserve in the area with one of my colleagues who has generously offered to take me out to see a bit of Australia. It should be fun. Not that the client is actually "in town" the office is about ten miles to the north of the city and is on the edge of a large wooded scrubland.

I should admit that even though I have been busy, I do find myself looking up and out the windows of the office that I am using while here in the hopes of seeing a kangaroo go past in the field outside. I am told that people see them out there all the time. It is a wide-open expanse of wild country that stretches all the way up to the mountains to the east of the city.

So far, no sights of big game, but there are flocks of Cockatoos that are make the area around the station their home. One of the coolest sights I have seen this far here was a flock of these beautiful white birds that was spooked by something on the ground. En masse, they took flight and flew right over us and to the far side of the station. It was cool looking. Not as flashy as seeing a flock of flamingos take flight, but cool looking nonetheless.

So, I suppose that I will have to wait for the sighting that will make my trip! Until then, it's time to get to the office and this saved and get to the lobby. It's time for work.

Wherever you are today, I wish you a lovely day!

Don Bergquist – 03 August 2011 – Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

No comments: